This bride absolutely loved the sweet smell of white oriental lilies. I made her bouquet of mostly white lilies, hydrangea to add a lacy softness, and rhinestone pins to add a little sparkle. The only place her colors came in to play were on the handle with champagne and tiffany blue criss cross ribbons. This bride loved to pay attention to the details, simple ribbon accents can add so much character to a bouquet.
There are many fun and creative ways to dress up the handle of a bridal bouquet. This is a fun way to add bling or accent color that you might not be using in the flowers.
- A good way to use up fabric and make sure the wrap matches exactly is to use leftover fabric from your dress or your bridesmaids’ dresses.
- Wrap the bouqet in fun colored and textured wire to add a modern accent.
- Use pearl pins up the handle so the bouquet looks like the back of your dress, all pinned up!
- Colored rhinestones in a pattern or just like the pearls can add sparkle and shine. In the above picture the bouquet wrap has crystal pins up the handle to match the pins in the mini gerbera daisies.
- This Bride used her Grandmother’s broach on her bouquet as her something old. This is another great way to add a little bling to your bouquet.
- Lace up your bouquet like a ballet slipper or corset in a contrasting ribbon to add fun detail and visual interest!